Dental implants are frequently the best treatment option for people requiring the replacement of missing teeth. Many patients may be bracing themselves for the prospect of living with dentures or the extra maintenance required for bridges. Although those solutions may be used for specific situations, dental implants are often the preferred long-term replacement option that gives you a better quality of life.
Traditionally, patients with missing teeth were treated with fixed bridges or removable dentures. However, these caused many difficulties with a patient’s active lifestyle, including:
- Slipping or clicking dentures while eating or talking
- Negative impact bridges have on surround healthy teeth
- Bone loss attributed to dentures in the area the teeth are missing
- Specialized cleaning procedures for both dentures and bridges
- Early failure leading to bridge and dental replacement every 7 to 15 years
West Willow works closely with highly qualified specialists who will explain the many benefits of dental implants over more traditional dentures and bridges, whether they are right for your specific needs, and how, with proper care, they will last an entire lifetime.